SPRING GARDEN & LEISURE SHOW 2015
Bank Holiday Sunday & Monday fun – plants and shrubs galore, entertainment and hands-on activities for kids and adults alike
- Under 16s (accompanied by a paying adult) go FREE
- Gates open 9am-5pm
- Buy online for discounts on gate prices – book online right up to the day of either Show and get 10% off
- All dogs welcome
In this celebration of the return of Spring, let your kids get close to some farmyard favourites in our Countryside Education marquee, have fun following the Fluffy Duck Trail or take part in the Best-looking Chicken Competition. You can also enjoy the ever-popular Sheep Show and firm favourite Alpaca Show, as well as watching hundreds of pedigree dogs compete to qualify for Crufts at the Open Dog Show.
For gardeners, there are thousands of seasonal plants and shrubs to browse and buy in our new Plant & Nursery area. Green fingered enthusiasts can also enjoy our Gardening Theatre where the Show’s resident gardening expert, Jean Griffin of BBC Sussex & Surrey, will be running her Q&A to include a live broadcast with the BBC gardening radio programme “Dig It” along with presenter Joe Talbot.
Leading sculptors Mary Cox and her son Jonathan will be showing their bronze Garden Sculptures and offering both adults and children the opportunity to have a hands-on experience.
New to the Show this year, you can practise your batting technique in our indoor cricket nets under the expert guidance of Sussex County Cricket Club, or you can “Come and have a tow” and test your skills at manoeuvring a caravan on a course organised by the Caravan Club.
- Gardening Theatre – join Jean Griffin of BBC Sussex & Surrey, our resident gardening expert for the weekend, for her Q&A which will include a live broadcast from the Show of BBC Radio’s ‘Dig It’ with presenter Joe Talbot
- Enjoy our new Plant & Nursery area NEW
- Visit the Access the Countryside Area for information from experienced keepers of Poultry and Rabbits on how to look after your animals, or enter our Best-looking Chicken Competition
- Take part in the children’s Fluffy Duck Trail
- Leading sculptors Mary Cox and her son Jonathan will be showing their bronze Garden Sculptures and offering both adults and children the opportunity to have a hands-on experience NEW
- Sit back and watch over 700 dogs compete in the Crufts Qualifying Open Dog Show or join in with Paws in the Park entertainment and interactive sessions for dogs
- Enjoy the Alpaca Show and ever popular Sheep Show
- Sussex County Cricket Club invites you to ‘have a go’ NEW
- ‘Have a tow’ – try Caravan Manoeuvring on a course run by the Caravan Club NEW